Soup is a wonderful, versatile thing. It’s warm and steamy when we’re cold, it’s comforting and nourishing when we don’t feel well, and it can be cool and crisp on a hot summer afternoon. It can be chunky and rustic or it can be smooth and rich. Soup is also often a great way to use leftovers and that’s one of the reasons I’m a huge fan. If you’ve been a follower of mine for a while, you know how much I love soup, so I decided to put together a collection of some of my favorite soup recipes to date. Here’s a list of my most popular soup recipes, links to each included. Enjoy!
Ten Easy Homemade Soup Recipes
- Easy Lamb Stew Recipe (okay, while technically a stew, this is so simple, easy and popular on my site that I had to include it.)
- Roasted Garlic and Leek Soup with Potatoes (my most recently-posted soup recipe and a staple in my house for a long, long time)
- Rattlesnake Bean and Vegetable Soup (great with any dried bean, so feel free to use your favorite)
- Navy Bean and Ham Soup Recipe (a great way to use that leftover ham and ham bone after your holiday get-together)
- Roasted Tomato and Garlic Soup (so versatile and delicious as a hot soup or a chilled soup)
- Miso Soup with Shitake Mushrooms and Tofu (if you’re looking for a restorative soup recipe, this is the one)
- Tuscan Soup (another classic that is easy to make and packed full of flavor)
- Lobster Bisque (creamy, decadent and oh, so worth a little extra effort)
- Cream of Mushroom Soup (pictured below – made with a variety of mushrooms, you will never go back to canned soup)
- Classic Summer Garden Gazpacho (lets the flavors of your beautiful homegrown tomatoes shine through!)
There you go! A compilation of some of my best soup recipes. And most of my soup recipes are easily-customizable to fit your taste and use what you have on-hand.
Never, ever be afraid to play with your soup….or food. 🙂