Tequila has been my liquor of choice this summer and this cocktail is perfect for a warm summer evening. It’s fresh, bright and a little tart, which is everything I love in a mixed drink.
I don’t buy into most sweet drinks; for me they’re overly-cloying and their attraction is short-lived. I like a little sourness and tang and this cocktail surely fits the bill.
tequila and ruby red grapefruit cocktail
- Fill an old-fashioned glass (or rocks glass) 1/2 full with crushed ice.
- Add 1 and 1/2 ounces of Blanco (white) tequila
- Add 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Top off with ruby-red grapefruit juice
- Garnish with a slice of lime and serve
Oh, I know, it’s so simple, right? But the mixture of ruby red grapefruit juice and fresh lime juice is a beautiful complement to tequila. And I shouldn’t have to mention this but I will; please use a good tequila here and not the bargain brand variety. Don Julio is one of our favorites and, at around $50 a bottle, is well worth the spend.
Now get out there and enjoy the rest of your summer, mm-kay?