Well, how fun is this: I’ve been nominated for The Sunshine Award! A huge thank you to Mike, author of the book The Eye Dancers and fellow blogger, for nominating me. I hope you’ll hop over to Mike’s blog and say hi – I believe that part of our journey as bloggers is to recognize and share each other’s work occasionally, so this is a wonderful opportunity to do just that. As someone who loves to read, it’s especially nice to be nominated by an author such as Mike.
- Post the Sunshine Award Image
- Answer the following 10 questions
- Note 10 blogs that you’d like to nominate
Now, I realize that many of my blogger friends may not have time for this and believe me, I understand that. I don’t want any of the blogs I nominate to feel obligated to create a post of their own but I do want to give a spotlight to some of my favorite bloggers anyway. That being said, here are the questions I’ve been asked to answer:
- Favorite Color: Periwinkle. Random, I know, but I love the mix of bluish purple
- Favorite Animal: Hmmm…well, I’ll say cats, since I have cats. But I’ve also had dogs and love them. I really love all animals, except chimpanzees because they creep me out.
- Favorite Number: 1. Because I’m awesome.
- Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Well, what I usually drink is water, coffee or iced tea but my guilty pleasure is Coke.
- Facebook or Twitter?: 2 totally different things. Facebook is more for sharing and real conversation while Twitter is like dropping into a party with a ton of fun people; short but fun conversations and then you move on.
- My Passion: Gardening. I love growing things and am still constantly amazed by the sprouting of a simple seed. Nature is wonderful.
- Favorite Pattern: What? Really? I’ll say Houndstooth, just because it’s kind of fun to say out loud.
- Favorite Day of the Week: Saturday. It has tons of opportunity.
- Favorite Flower: This is a tough one because I love almost all flowers, which I’ve already waxed somewhat poetically about here. But I’m going to say Crocus, because they peek their little blooms out even in the snow, which gives me hope every year that warmer weather is on its way.
Now, my own 10 incredibly eclectic mix of nominees for The Sunshine Award are:
- Roscoe Ramblings
- Jen at Roscoe Ramblings covers it all: product reviews, giveaways, food, gardening, household tips and do-it-yourself ideas. I think you’ll love her site as much as I do. She’s got a great sense of humor and her blog has something for everyone.
- My French Heaven
- Stéphane’s site is truly heaven for me. Gorgeous photos of food, people and French life in general. Great recipe ideas. A heavenly bed and breakfast that I’ll one day visit. Stop by his blog and prepare to be enraptured.
- JD Photography
- *Sigh* I cannot possibly describe the moments in time that James captures so incredibly. His photos not only inspire the amateur photographer in me but also lets me see England through his eyes. It’s a vision you won’t want to miss.
- Rona Black Photography
- Another incredible photographer who inspires me. She has an amazing eye for the beauty in things, whether it’s the side of a building or a red-tailed hawk, which is her latest shot. And be sure and check out her macro shots, because I think you’ll be as fascinated at her detail as I am.
- Giaskyler Photography
- Can you tell that I love great photography? From the sea to the flowers to the salt mines in Poland, transport yourself while sitting at home.
- Everything Under the Sun and More
- Jessica’s blog is a treasure trove.. She shares everything from personal insights, cute hairstyles, inspiring quotes and more. She isn’t afraid to say what’s on her mind. I admire that in a person. On a cloudy day, Jessica can always make me smile.
- The Unorthodox Epicure
- Want non-fussy recipes along with great humor and insight? Adam Holland mixes a great story with delicious food and photos and I promise he will make you laugh.
- Acorn in the Kitchen
- Recipes that run the gamut from simple to flat out astounding. The wild array of food and photos on this site keep me coming back for more.
- Cooking in Sens
- A recent addition to my favorites, this site is full of gorgeous photos and recipes to make you drool.
- Pin Happy Girl
- If you’re not familiar with Pinterest, Shelly’s got you covered. She finds fun and interesting “pins” on Pinterest and then actually tests them out herself. Some work, some don’t, but it’s always an interesting read. In the few weeks that I’ve been following her, I’ve learned some fun tips.
So there you go. 10 great blogs to check out and hopefully a few of them will make you want to leave a comment and click the “follow” button.
To all of the blogs that I’ve mentioned here – thank you for always keeping me so entertained. Feel free to follow the instructions and post your own Sunshine Awards on your blogs, because the idea of this is to pass along the blogger love.
Thanks again to Mike at The Eye Dancers for passing along the fun and thanks to all my readers and followers – you’re truly what makes this thing called blogging fun.