C’mon…I had you at chewy, right?
I like to fool myself into believing that the oats, raisins and nuts make these better-for-you cookies. I doubt that’s true but if it makes you feel better, I say go for it.
Chewy Oatmeal Cookies with Raisins and Nuts Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins (or dried cranberries, or a mix of both)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (or nut of your choice)
Preheat oven to 350º
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until well blended
- Add oats, raisins and walnuts and mix again
- Chill cookie mixture for one hour
- Scoop by large spoonful onto a large, parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until they start to turn golden around the edges. The centers may look a little undercooked but that’s okay.
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a plate or wire cooling rack.
Not exactly health food but delicious nonetheless.