If someone said to me: “you can make an easy and delicious cookie bar by putting it together right in the pan you bake it in and it involves chocolate, peanut butter and coconut” I’d say “Sign me up”.
Here you go folks – you can thank me later.
7 Layer Bar Recipe
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips of your choice (semi-sweet, dark or white)
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter chips (you can use butterscotch chips instead)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350
Place butter in a 13 x 9 pan and melt in oven as it’s preheating
Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over melted butter. Using a spoon, mix to incorporate butter and then, using the back of the spoon, press graham cracker mixture to cover the bottom of pan.
Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the graham cracker crust. Repeat layers using peanut butter chips and then walnuts.
Pour can of sweetened condensed milk over walnuts.
Top with an even sprinkling of coconut.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
These taste and look like they’re a lot more work than they really are and, for those of us who are baking-challenged, that’s a huge bonus.